Brit gas trying to kill a customer

Why don't BG say to the person you need a bigger vent and we will charge x hundred pounds.

No, they prefer to shut it off and send the sales sharks in. FACT.

Sponsored Links
in this sort of situation dont BG leave the old dear with an electric heater, as in looking after your world/doing the right thing or is that too much to ask

Yes it is a 100cm square thats required, but see no one has come back to tell me when regulation on vents changed.

If it was 1998 bg have serviced it for about 20 years odd why its never been picked up before or has it only changed in last 9 months

Sponsored Links
100sqm BGSMJack :eek:

100sqm of free air... should cover all bases, with the little info in the OP. But i've edited it now.

Slowly realising to say as little as one can get away with in this side.

in this sort of situation dont BG leave the old dear with an electric heater, as in looking after your world/doing the right thing or is that too much to ask

I have left electric heaters with customers if I've had to cut them off.

Why don't BG say to the person you need a bigger vent and we will charge x hundred pounds.

No, they prefer to shut it off and send the sales sharks in. FACT.

Bit harsh like.

The S&R guys wouldnt repair that afaik, it would be an intstaller team and its pushing it at that as most modern boilers dont require the vent to outside.

You were competent to turn the boiler back on after your monkeying, so it is obvious you know this already. :rolleyes:

Have a crack at asking our questions.

Did you get the flue performance?
Gas Rate?
Spillage?
Burner Pressure?

The regulation changes are somewhat irrelevant here, what is far more relevant is that you have gone and turned her boiler back on WHEN YOU ARE NOT COMPETENT TO DO SO!!! You have now broken the law, taken responsibility for the installation, and if she dies as a result you will be liable for manslaughter.

BG do not need the cold to kill off their customers.

google, powermax oxford death bbc

But also have BG done there job right NO label, why was it not picked up before.

But there again leave a 84year person in --7 sooner trust a vent and boiler over 20 years old, but there again was service person any good.

You have told me wot I wanted to no, in that bg has not picked it up for years.

100sqm would certainly cover all the bases. ;)

BG turned my mates boiler off, as the vent didn't meet current regulations and they could die at any minute. :rolleyes: their words not mine.

Only problem I had with it, was the boiler is in an outside plant room, and not connected to the house.

Still the sales sharks were in the area, how fortunate was that, O and they are both in their 80s, and yes the robbin gits ripped then off for £5k plus for a boiler swap

But also have BG done there job right NO label, why was it not picked up before.

But there again leave a 84year person in --7 sooner trust a vent and boiler over 20 years old, but there again was service person any good.

You have told me wot I wanted to no, in that bg has not picked it up for years.

And yet you still fail to see how irresponsible you have actually been :!: :?:

100sqm would certainly cover all the bases. ;)

BG turned my mates boiler off, as the vent didn't meet current regulations and they could die at any minute. :rolleyes: their words not mine.

Only problem I had with it, was the boiler is in an outside plant room, and not connected to the house.

Still the sales sharks were in the area, how fortunate was that, O and they are both in their 80s, and yes the robbin gits ripped then off for £5k plus for a boiler swap

Although I see your objections and probably fully agree with them. Unless theres a reg that states vent size can be smaller in a room thats not connected to a building (cant see this being true). We at BG arent allowed an Engineering Judgement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back