Britih Gas been... Fault still not fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:evil:
My boiler is a Ideal mini/midi c28.... which was fitted 2 years ago. Last week.. the bar presure went pto between 3 and 4 and locked itself out a few times. A few days ago.. the hot water went on it but the heating worked ok. The hot water would only run hot for about 30 seconds and then go cold for about a minute.... them hot for another 30 seonds... cold for a minute.... etc etc....
Last night we were woken up my crashing and thumping coming from the boiler and the only way to stop it was to turn the hot tap on ( cold water ) that relived some presure. I turned the water off at the boiler and waited BG today.
Guy turned up ( could not see what he was doing much as i was holding a crying 5 month old baby ).. , did see him get his foot pump out and fiddle with bits in the boiler. The top up water tap was on ( so he said ) and when he turned it off the presure went down to two.. and everything went back to normal. Don't think he was gone for 2/3 hours and the presure has already gone back to 3 bar..... and when the water/heating is on.. it goes to about 3.5 bar.
Turned the heating off.... and all the rads are making a horrible winning noise.... the only way i could stop this was to turn the water off to the boiler again or we would never get any sleep.
Help

Ohh... and the overflow pipe from the boiler is also running

Sponsored Links
See Boiler Pressure Problems in th ref section, then REMOVE the filling loop like it's supposed to be!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back