British Airways cancelled flights

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BA cancelled loads of flights to better manage this summer. They wanted to make sure the longhaul flights still flew.
My wife's flight home to visit her parents was cancelled about 30 minutes before departure time.
Crazy. A full flight, so not lack of passengers. And the plane was at the gate on time, so not delayed. Just cancelled at the last minute.

Effing nightmare! You don't expect that on a £2k long-haul flight!

Sponsored Links
The crew were probably out of hours as a result of earlier delays. The causes of delay aren’t limited to airlines over selling capacity. There seems to be gridlock over they skies of mainland Europe which is causing delays.

Over the last two years, I’ve had more bother with BA than any other airline. I’d rate them less than Ryanair. Absolutely shocking.

They did admit that they didn't have enough staff to take off.
Flight now in the air, but the rearrange connecting flight now cancelled, so no idea what happens next, probably a second night stuck in a hotel, a thousand miles from her destination.

Sponsored Links
BA got shut of loads of staff during the covid break then offering new contracts on minimum wage................ I wonder why they have staff shortage?

BA got shut of loads of staff during the covid break then offering new contracts on minimum wage................ I wonder why they have staff shortage?
Apart from the policy of paying people for doing nothing...

Staff shortages have also been attributed to the shambles that has been caused by the word beginning with 'B'...

I wonder why so many EU workers decided to up sticks and return to a Europe where freedom of movement still applies? :rolleyes:

Apart from the policy of paying people for doing nothing...

Staff shortages have also been attributed to the shambles that has been caused by the word beginning with 'B'...

I wonder why so many EU workers decided to up sticks and return to a Europe where freedom of movement still applies? :rolleyes:
So with all those experienced airline workers now back in the EU and presumably not being paid for doing nothing, how do you explain the shortages of staff in the European airline industry?

Staff shortages in airline industry caused by brexit now thats strange as lufthansa has possibly cancelled the most flights and just wondering how brexit has got Qantas asking executives to do shifts as baggage handlers to help out with staff shortages in Aus

Brexit and covid are the problem - people were still happily working post Brexit, but along came covid and many Europeans went home, and since found suitable employment locally.

That is precisely what 'we' wanted.

So, all those that voted Brexit to stop foreigners stealing our jobs - apply for an apprenticeship at your local airport - your country needs you!

Brexit and covid are the problem - people were still happily working post Brexit, but along came covid and many Europeans went home, and since found suitable employment locally.

That is precisely what 'we' wanted.

So, all those that voted Brexit to stop foreigners stealing our jobs - apply for an apprenticeship at your local airport - your country needs you!

See posts #2, #9 and #11.

I wonder why 6 million decided to stay?
Why do you wonder? Ever heard of families, schools permanent jobs, husbands wives?

Meanwhile the migrant workforce that we were used to before Brexit is now extinct.

Brexit - utter pile of shizen.

Sponsored Links
Back