British Gas Alarm KP5501Z

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a British Gas Alarm model KP5501Z which has recently displayed trouble. I have replaced the back up battery in the metal box and reset the time on the system. The system will still not work. The green ready to set light is still not in and the amber trouble light has now disappeared. The panel now displays the correct time the i icon on the panel for alarm memory.

I would like to be able to get the system back up and running without having to call in an engineer. I would appreciate any help

Thanks Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi, I would be grateful if you could let me know when your problem is solved. By your description, I am having exactly the same issue.

I wish I left it alone now.

Andy

As far as i know BG use DSC panels, these have a feature to lock the engineer code in, and i think they use this feature on all their jobs.

So if your looking for a reset and dont know the code, you'll be looking to bin your system and fit a new one, which aint a bad idea imo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back