British gas Boiler - CH not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

CH is not working Hot water is working fine. The signals and communication is all checked and ok between Thermostat (RC Plus) and WR1 Receiver. Red light blinks when i change the temperatire and when all done Green light is there. Batteries are ok at thermostat.
Flame sign is on the thermostat. But there is no ignition at the Boiler.

Any body please help what could be wrong please.

let me know in case of more inputs.

Regards
yash

Sponsored Links
Ah yes, a British Gas boiler. Now I should know the exact model but............
Model please.

Sponsored Links
any comments please ?

Is there anyway I can manually switch on the Central heating at the boiler (bypassing thermostat and receiver) ?

Possibly by finding the connection at the boiler where the receiver is connected, and removing the wires and fitting a bridging wire between the terminals. By doing that you have no room temp control to switch off the boiler. Get the receiver checked out, as these often fail. Make safe any disconnected wires.

I agree with Tony.

When the green light comes "on" on the receiver you should hear an audible click.

If no click is heard then the receiver is faulty. (very common on that receiver)

Yes, if that's the cause as it often is.

But to diagnose the fault it needs the capacitor measuring first.

I have about 20 of those caps in stock!

They can be a little tricky to get off and refit in severely limited space!

Tony

i changed the capacitor with no luck !

can anybody please suggest what else i can try please ?

I said measure the value of the capacitor! That was to identify if it was the problem or not.

Now it seems you will have to replace the wireless stat.

They have probably changed the frequency so it would need to be the same on both units. They are probably not marked though.

Its normal to change both units. May not be possible to buy just receiver.

BUT you don't know if its the receiver or transmitter at fault!!!

If you know the date which probably will be shown, their helpline should be able to tell you if current ones will match.

Tony

@scatmanjohn Hi, apologizes for jumping into a thread but I couldn't PM you, perhaps you can assist me, my Vokera synergy 29e gas boiler is showing error 07, this was an intermittent problem over the last few weeks but turning the switch to RESET usually sorted it out but now since yesterday the 07 code is not clearing & the boiler will not start, I checked out the 07 error code in the manual & it points to a faulty primary thermistor vokera part No 8484, does the system need to be fully drained to replace this part?...thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back