British Gas C1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, first time poster on this site so any help appreciated. I'm having a problem with a boiler....has anybody heard of this model before? There isnt a great deal online about it. I'm just looking for some help/ideas before calling out an engineer :)
Thanks in advance...

1) Boiler make / model (gas)
British Gas C1

2) What is / is not happening.
When switching the boiler on, it seems to start up (makes noises like its running) but does this for about 10-15 secs then just stops. Immediately after this, the LED above the CH control flashes constantly.
It flashes about once a second. There is no heating.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently.
The boiler has been switched off, as the property was unoccupied for a period of about 5 weeks. There was some plumbing work done in the bathroom so there is a chance that the mains was turned off for a short while. However, I know that the system was not drained and the water supply is fine to the property.

4) When did the problem start?
Im not entirely sure. There was no issue with the system 5 weeks ago, its only after trying to get the heating back on that I have noticed a problem.

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off.
The problem is trying to get the boiler 'fired up' and working.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance.
I cant think of anything but one thing I need to check is if the hot water works. This is my sisters flat who is away at the moment so I'll pop round there this weekend gain and check the hot water. I forgot about that. Doh!

Sponsored Links
Boiler was made by worcester for b.g. If slow flash on c/htg neon it indicates ign lockout is gas supply on @ meter & valve under blr turned on if so could need a gas valve or electrodes

Thanks very much for the reply. Gas and valve seem OK so I'll check it checked out. cheers mate.

correct me if im wrong as ive only glanced through the post to low level.

occupant didnt use or truned of suppl for five weeks...boiler doesnt relight......would this not indicate gas leek from pipes during that period and that purging may be required...

im not corgi or working gas at all so feel free to correct me if im wrong

Sponsored Links
only if the carcass was isolated at the meter would i expect this to occur. the rest of the time the system is pressurised up to the gas valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back