British Gas DSC alarm reset code required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help anyone please...............The other day I went in my back door without knowing that my wife had set the alarm. Obviously this activated the alarm, which I muted by inputting my 4 digit code. The system is now asking for a master reset code, which after calling up the installers, they are asking for £85 just to send someone out to enter the "code".

Can anyone help me, they keypad no: is KP55012.

John [Ayrshire]

Sponsored Links
Help anyone please...............The other day I went in my back door without knowing that my wife had set the alarm. Obviously this activated the alarm, which I muted by inputting my 4 digit code. The system is now asking for a master reset code, which after calling up the installers, they are asking for £85 just to send someone out to enter the "code".

John [Ayrshire]
I'd pay£kkkks for this magical, re-set all, master code that everyone seems to think exists.

If anyone knows it, please let me know, (I won't tell, promise)

John [Ayrshire]
I'd pay£kkkks for this magical, re-set all, master code that everyone seems to think exists.

Does that mean you think there isn't such a code, or is it a British Gas alarm engineers secret that that we all want and cannot get our hands on it? Is there any way tht I can get the system up and running again without paying the £85 rip off call out fee?

John [Ayrshire]

Does that mean you think there isn't such a code, or is it a British Gas alarm engineers secret that that we all want and cannot get our hands on it? Is there any way tht I can get the system up and running again without paying the £85 rip off call out fee?
I KNOW there is not a code as you are asking for.

Is your system connected to an ARC / CS etc to call the police in the event of an activation?

Sponsored Links

John [Ayrshire]

Is your system connected to an ARC / CS etc to call the police in the event of an activation?

No, its a stand alone system, that has the capability to be connected, however its not under any contract or monitoring link.

John [Ayrshire]

No, its a stand alone system, that has the capability to be connected, however its not under any contract or monitoring link.

Then you system should be set for user reset.

John [Ayrshire]

Then you system should be set for user reset.
EXACTLY.

Tell the Alarm Company (?) to make the system User re-set as it should be or you're off to Trading Standards.

All the excuses under the sun don't mean a thing, you're being ripped off by an unscrupulous company,

As the system is asking for a Master reset and not an Engineer reset I would suspect that it is already customer reset, and the op is using a user code and not the master code to set and unset the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back