British Gas RC plus / WR1 wireless receiver issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, newbie here and looking for some advice.

The house I have moved into has a British Gas RC plus thermostat/WR1 receiver as pictured below.

The thermostat is linked to the boiler etc and the only issue seems to be the display on the thermostat doesn’t work. Can see a couple of faded black lines but never been able to use it to set timers etc. I was able to use manual mode and could tell when the temp was above or below 20 due to the lines

It has got gradually worse and now I can’t see a thing - again see below.

I sourced a new thermostat but can’t seem to link it to the receiver following the instructions online (below) or provided with the new thermostat. The part about a blinking red light and linking just doesn’t happen, a full red light stays on and no linking seems to take place.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? Failing that is there a way to switch the display screen on both? Don’t really want to get a heating engineer out if an easy fix.

Appreciate any responses.

Attachments

• IMG_6258.jpeg
    IMG_6258.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_6254.png
    IMG_6254.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 196
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back