British Gas WR1 wireless system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

My central heating is controlled by a BG smart linked thermostat (not functioning as hive) and a WR1 wireless system.

The display on the SLT unit has stopped working (can intermittently see partial numbers faintly) which makes adjusting it difficult.

I want to buy a new simple control unit. What types are compatible without changing the wall unit?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have u tried new batteries in the stat ?
If your looking for something to go out and buy I'm pretty sure you can use Drayton controls with them. Don't hold me to it tho. They're just badged up as BG. Are you after a timer again or just a room stat?

Yes, it's definitely not the batteries. I just want a simple wireless timer stat.

The screens can fail on these.

The unit is a Drayton. So would be the best option for a straight forward swap.
Available from screw fix I think.

Are u still with Bg?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'm looking at screw fix cat no.76816. Is that the wall unit (that I don't need) + the thermostat?
I am still with BG but unfortunately after the unit started to malfunction I left it too close to the hob and melted the front a little so they will probably think I broke it...

Accidental damage is covered, 3rd party damage isn't, give them a ring..

But also yes if you don't want to call BG, that's the one. Seems a waste paying a contract to not claim on it though.

My homecare contract has a £100 excess on it for call outs so I think it will end up costing me the same either way...
Thanks for the help though

Your best option then would be to say u want to upgrade your smart link stat to hive2 £99
U can book it online. The guy who comes isn't gonna give a **** if the one that's there doesn't work

Thanks. That is a good idea. However, we are moving soon (I don't want the buyers to have to sort out the heating on arrival) so I have managed to find a supplier that sells just a simple drayton RF thermostat without the receiver for £45. Hopefully this will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back