British Gas Worcester C1 combi boiler - pressure always high

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and give you my final (finders crossed) update.

The BG guy who came out to me last Tuesday was the same guy who had correctly diagnosed at the beg of December that my expansion vessel was kaput. Hallelujah, someone who I had confidence in!

He checked the braided hose and and said it and the valves connecting it were fine. I had kept a record of the various dates, times & associated pressures over the previous week since the expansion vessel had been replaced and showed this to him. I also showed him a print of all your recent comments on this topic. I had him witness what happened to the pressure when I poured a basin of hot water. He stated that the hot water coming out my taps was actually coming from my central heating and that the heat exchanger needed replaced.

I am very pleased to say that he came back the next day, spending almost three hours replacing the heat exchanger, and that the pressure has been perfect ever since. The heat exhanger was in fact corroded.

Even after a full week I still keep checking the pressure every few hours, amazed that it is now ok after all this time!

Thanks again all you great people for all your help and advice xxx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back