Britony 80/100 Boiler switches itself on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Britony 80/100 Chaffoteaux & Maury combi boiler and last night it switched on the central heating even though it was only set to hot water. Then today the hot water ignited even though i wasn't running the hot water. The water has also got extremely hot. What could be the problem?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
pos the pcb but i would get looked at
p.s. it not the best boiler out their so consider replacement

Is this a Combi 80/100?

If so the hot water issue is often a failed hot water reed switch...easy to test with a multimeter.

Heating coming on when only set to hot water is often a failed selector knob...it splits and doesn't turn the spindle. Does the boiler turn off when set to off?

Sponsored Links
Yes it does.

I switched the boiler off over night as i wasn't sure what the problem was and when I turned it back on this morning it seemed to be running again even though the water wasn't on or the CH.

I had a shower and after that if stop running and was working as normal, so it seems very intermittent.

Could it be anything to do with the weather getting colder? I've not had to run the CH at all yet this year so its not been used for about 8!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back