noisy c&m britony combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently moved to to house that has a chaffoteaux & maury britony combi boiler. last night i shut down all but one rad valve to see if i could get heat to a bedroom radiator it didnt work so i opened up all rad valves now the boiler is making a droning sound and the re is no c/h or hot water. any ideas where to start

Sponsored Links
thermistors are inherrently bad on chaffeteaux boilers. Chech Ohms resistance (or get a boiler engineer to do so) on both c/h and h/w thermistors.

Has boiler run on low pressure atall?

David

You may have dislodged some sludge or debris in the system which has blocked the return heating pipe filter. This will cause the main heat exchanger to overheat and make airplane sounds.

chrishutt said:
You may have dislodged some sludge or debris in the system which has blocked the return heating pipe filter. This will cause the main heat exchanger to overheat and make airplane sounds.
thanx 4 that guys think chris hit the nail squarely on the head will get an engineer 2 check it 2moro. cheers

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get an engineer who knows this boiler. The return filter is hidden away and most would not realise it was there. You might even consider doing it yourself - it's not that difficult once you know where to look.
image708.gif

chrishutt said:
Make sure you get an engineer who knows this boiler. The return filter is hidden away and most would not realise it was there. You might even consider doing it yourself - it's not that difficult once you know where to look.
image708.gif
thanks again chris ive printed off the diagrams for the engineer 2 look at if he's not ofay with this boiler. i know my diy limits and this is above it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back