Britony Comb 80 Boiler - Replacement clock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have one of these at the office and have been told we need a new replacement electronic clock. But I believe they are no longer made! Does anyone know where we can get one or if not can an external timer be used and if so is it an easy job?

Any help much appreciated.

Chris

Sponsored Links
I think that one is a fairly common type used on other boilers although usually grey rather than black.

In any case with a little knowledge its possible to bypass it and fit an external programmable stat to perform the same function.

Tony

I think that one is a fairly common type used on other boilers although usually grey rather than black.

In any case with a little knowledge its possible to bypass it and fit an external programmable stat to perform the same function.

Tony

Thanks Tony!

Does anyone else know of a replacement from another manufacturer, failing that will have to look into getting someone to "hot wire" it!

The timeclock is "moulded" into the lower controls panel ie when you buy the clock you get a whole lower panel to swap over...no alternative.

I'm surprised you can't get the clock anymore...these boilers are not very old. AFAIK it's part number 1011745

Otherwise an external clock can be wired in.

Sponsored Links
The timeclock is "moulded" into the lower controls panel ie when you buy the clock you get a whole lower panel to swap over...no alternative.

I'm surprised you can't get the clock anymore...these boilers are not very old. AFAIK it's part number 1011745

Otherwise an external clock can be wired in.

Thanks gasguru!

Had an email from manufacturer to say part no longer available so assume not. Will look at wiring external clock in.

Chris

Guess with it being a chaff the boiler has usually packed up and been binned long before the clock breaks :LOL:

The clocks contains a wired in CR2032 type of 3v battery.

If you can measure the voltage across the battery you will probably find that its failed.

If so try applying voltage from another battery temporarily in parallel and see if that brings it back to life.

If so then see if you can replace the battery or take it an electronic repairer like a TV shop who can do it for you. Batteries with solder tags are commonly available for a few pounds. I used to have some in stock.

Dont assume its the battery unless its been tested first as I outlined above.

Tony Glazier

Just by chance I fitted one of these clocks yesterday...customer bought it along with the boiler 8 years ago but it was never fitted.

It's carp quality...had to use the glue gun to stop the board dislodging from the clips when you press the buttons. Also had to glue the connector header on as the pins weren't sufficiently long to retain it. Battery still worked though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back