Britony Combi SE 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I wonder if you could possibly help me with my boiler.

It has lately started to make a 'pulsing' sound when the boiler is fired up. As I look through into the combustion chamber I can see that the flames are syncronizied with the pusling sound, I have checked the fan and the pump, both of which seem fine. This leads me to believe it may be the gas valve.

I'd appreciated your comments and would I be right in thinking that it could be a faulty solenoid on the valve.

If you require any further information please let me know.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Check that the flue is in place and that no one has attempted to open the combustion chamber. Also the PCBs are very prone to fail on these so expect to pay £130+ for a new one, plus finding someone competent to repair it!

Cheers Chris,

The flue and combustion chamber are both is excellent condition. The boiler is only about 2 years old. One thing I did notice was that the temperature of the heating was no where near as hot as it used to be. Would this help you to confirm wether or not it would be the PCB?

Mark

Sponsored Links
Can't remember the symptoms of PCB failure off-hand. I think they vary. but they commonly fail after 2 years! You really need a competent boiler engineer to check it over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back