Brittania combi boiler oscillating dhw temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know the usual culprits for this? It was working fine before.

Sponsored Links
Dont you mean Brittony?

Most boiler are working fine before they develop a fault.

Tony

This is how you spell BRITANNIA!! (Very Big industrial Cast iron sectional boilers first made in the 1930's untill 1990's) - but I doubt you have one of those in your house!! ;)

Yes well, its not my boiler and never even seen it, its my ex gfs boiler, but took a shower this weekend (we still keep in touch) at her place and her boiler developed this fault, so next thing I know, phone call from her "what have you done to my boiler?". So I though id ask to tell her "look ur boiler does this because (...) and there was nothing I could do to cause that". I asked her what boiler is and thats what she told me.
Can you come up with anything that can cause those symptoms.

Sponsored Links
Well now you put it like that there is something that will cause the boiler to do that - A FAULT!! - it's her Boiler and Her problem walk away - unless you want her back?? :confused:

I wouldnt mind having her back but she just cant commit and im a one woman guy. On a second thought i sort of like my current gf too.
Anyway. I already know it is a fault and not a feature, but can it be repaired? Because if she has to pay 500 quid for a new boiler, she`ll hate me forever.

A new boiler would be more like £1500 installed than £500.

It could be that you altered the temperature knob on the shower and thats interacting with the boiler.

If the ex-gf would not comit to you then thats a sure sign that she does not much like you. Best left alone.

The current gf presumably does not have that problem and would seem to be a much better bet. Thats providing she does not go hot and cold!

But in view of the current gf one might wonder why you are still having showers at the ex-gf's place! You did say you are a one woman man but the evidence does not support that!

Auntie Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back