Brittony Combi 80 Keeps Cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old brittony combi 80 and for the last 2 days it keeps cutting out. When you turn on the hot tap it works fine for a min or so and then the boiler cuts out. The power light stays on but becomes alot dimmer and the water goes cold. You then have to turn it off at the isolation switch and wait for a while then turn it back on and it will work again for a little while before cutting out.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me mad.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
what i would do is take the front off, and on the left hand side you will see a plastic thing with a load of wires connected to it, thats the diverter and they are prone to sticking. whack it with a screwdriver a good few hard hard times until your dhw pipe starts runnin hot

Sponsored Links
thanks very much for your replies will get husband to have a look and see what he can do this weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back