c&m brittony combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have a problem with my brittony combi heating works ok but if i turn the hot tap on water gets hot and then when i turn the hot tap off the cental heating goes off has well , to get the heating back on i have to turn combi off at mains and it works ok but if i turn a hot tap on and off again the heating goes off any ideas please.......

Sponsored Links
after you turn off a hot tap there is a time delay on the boiler that prevents it from firing for ch straight away.
try switching on and off the hot tap and then pressing the reset button(this cancels the time delay) report back with the results and we'll go furthur.

weargas said:
after you turn off a hot tap there is a time delay on the boiler that prevents it from firing for ch straight away.
try switching on and off the hot tap and then pressing the reset button(this cancels the time delay) report back with the results and we'll go furthur.
yea thanks for your help it seems to be ok now it must be the time delay switch thanks for your help.......

Sponsored Links
my boiler is seven years old and was installed to a new heating system that was flushed and treated on completion. this year i have had to change the pcb. diverter valve and all thermisters now when in hot water mode boiler fires up but burner stops after 20sec. and light at 70 flashes saying overheat without cut out when flow cools boiler relights and goes through same cycle again. heating is working fine and gas valve is modulating visibly. boiler is serviced annualy and has been so good up to this year. is it a problem with the pcb again or something else? please help me.
thank you. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back