broag-remeha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone here any experience of these boilers?

Went to a newly installed one the other day which whad a small leak on it, never seen them at any of the shows, or really noticed them much in the trade mags.

It looked pretty decent though.

Sponsored Links
It is a Dutch Boiler, It's been in chelsea show last year and is very new in the U.k. market looks good and powerfull and in compare with the other boiler its cheap that's all I know about it.

Have you seen somewhere that stocks them in London? They're no-where to be seen on the web as far as a ball park price£ goes.

I would have thought you would have learnt your lesson with that Dutch boiler ( with the clogs ) in Bournemouth!

Stick to something which is popular and with spares stocked almost everywhere.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm sure someone once said that about Vaillant, Biasi or any other continental boiler before it was popular over here!!

You humourless wit caller you.

This is web site www.uk.remeha.com and the guy called Mike Freeman used to work with Vaillant now he is National Specifications Manager-Domestic of Remeha in u.k (o7736827962) and company phone no: is 01189783434

I had a Remeha avanta plus fitted about 6months ago and it worked fine for the first 4 months or so then it started switching off and giving fault codes E4 E5 and E8,it gave E4 mostly but the other two occasionally,Two different engineers came out to it and,they changed the ignition electrode and the transformer and checked the gas/air ratio,flue gas values,plugged in a computer to check all the different values etc etc and still couldn't find out why the low burn wouldn't hold in.Then they sent out the top engineer who within 10 minutes found the fault,He pulled the front plate out and replaced the sealing ring between the front plate and the heat exchanger unit and cleaned the burner unit and polished the outside face of it with some fine emery cloth near to where the electrode sits. He told me that the seal has a habit of going hard and cracking up and causing the burner to drop out on low burn.He also told me that setting the boiler to eco mode can save you quite a bit of money but it means that you only get hot water on demand.I know this is a bit long winded but hopefully someone might get something out of it

Not a lot different than many other makes - most of the boiler is cobbled together with standard parts - Giannoni heat exchanger, Fugas bottom end, EBM/SIT gas section etc. If Honey are knocking out the boards they won't be any better than the common makes. Local merchant is pushing them.

Try your local Plumb Center. Mine has all the brochures etc on these so I assume they can get them ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back