Broken 6 week old Mira shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought and fitted a Mira "Play" shower 6 weeks ago. It worked absolutely fine for this time but now does not heat water at all on any setting. Water still flows through the shower and turning the temperature gauge up high does appear to decrease the water pressure as it should be getting hotter (which it did before).

Before I get them to come out, which will cost money if it was my fault, I thought I'd check I've not been stupid.

All was done according to the instructions, running off 10mm cable from a 45A circuit on a 30mA RCD which hasn't tripped. The previous shower was fed from this too.

Incoming water was measured at 2 bar just before I fitted it. A 15mm cold mains pipe runs upwards from the ground floor, a T piece feeds the sink/bath taps & toilet (under the 1st floor) and the pipe continues up through the roof to feed the shower. If taps were used or the toilet was flushed when the shower was on, it did modulate flow to keep the temperature correct (which the manual says it should).

It has of course been cold recently but the pipe is insulated in the roof (except a corner or two, which I shall fix) and water does still flow at about the same pressure as before.

Is there anything I can check without invalidating my warranty?

Sponsored Links
If anybody has any ideas I'd be really grateful. I plan on having a look tomorrow before calling them in!

Just get Mira in to look at it, sounds like you've done everything you've described correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back