Broken screw in pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went into the toilet this morning and found that one of the large brass screws that secured the pan to the floor had broken off at the head. Would I have to remove the whole toilet system to remove the remains of the screw or is there any fixative that I could try ?

Sponsored Links
Will the remaining piece of the screw be easily removed? i was thinking grip the screw with vicegrips and screw it out

Sponsored Links
Will the remaining piece of the screw be easily removed? i was thinking grip the screw with vicegrips and screw it out

Only you could know that. If you have enough of the screw showing you could give it a go, being careful not to damage the pan.

Or you will have to take the pan out.

Will this job need to done ASAP or will it be okay to leave it until next week when i will have more time, the pan it not rocking or moving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back