Browser problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this? I'm asking on behalf of an elderly friend who is not very computer literate, and I can only help by phone and email as she recently moved away. Here's the problem:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010187l
If you follow this link it takes you to the BBC website, and this clip. I can do it okay, click on the arrowhead thing and play the clip. No problem. And I've sent the link to other people, and they've played it okay.
But when SHE does it, there is no arrowhead thing to click on, no way to play it.
How can that be? Logged in or out of the BBC makes no difference, and presumably the same problem would apply to anything similar.

It's particularly frustrating as the dog in the clip is her dog, so she would obviously love to see it.

I've just found out that the guy who set her pc up for her, can't access the clip on his either, so maybe it's to do with the way he's set them up?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Make sure Flash is installed and up-to-date?

But when SHE does it, there is no arrowhead thing to click on, no way to play it.

I don't get an arrowhead either, but it plays when I put the mouse cursor anywhere on the playback window and left click.

Has she tried clicking on it anyway to see if it plays?

Sponsored Links
Back