Brushmate is ruining my brushes!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought myself a Brushmate 20 a few months ago and although its a brilliant invention it has ruined some of my paint brushes. I store my Hamilton Perfection brushes in it and find that the handles start to break away! These brushes have a plastic coated wooden handle, maybe thats why? Does anybody else have problems with theirs? Should I start using natural wooden handled brushes?

Sponsored Links
Yeah mine brings the handle paint off, and any copper rivets go green bit of a pest sometimes as bits come off when painting :rolleyes: Got my old thing several yrs ago always said what a pain, moaned that i wouldnt get another if it got lost etc.but hey think its better in long run than leaving brushes in water or is it ..... ;)

yes same here just give them a good hard wipe over with a turpsy cloth before you use them that will take the loose flaky plastic off save it going in your paint ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back