BT line fault. Who's responsibility?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone my be able to advise before I launch off a letter to BT.

At the start of January my BT line went dead, so I contacted BT. They ran a line test and confirmed a fault. I recieved a text message from BT to say it was fixed following day, arrived home, still not working. Contacted them again, they rechecked, yes, still not working.

An engineer arrived at 08.00 saturday morning, did something inside the property, he was gone by 08.05, leaving the line working. I have just recieved a £99 charge on my bill for their trouble! Question is, fault was definately beyond my master socket, I unplugged everything from the master, and tried a corded phone in it as per their instructions. Line was dead. They are now saying it was a fault with MY equipment, hence the charge.

Engineer told me at the time there would be no charge, so any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes just complain to them. BT are pretty imcompetant and this sort of thing happens too often.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back