Buderus modulink 250 RF problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Boulter Buderus 500-28C combi that works off a Modulink 250RF wireless thermostat. The problem i am getting is the thermostat loses connection with the receiver on the boiler (red light on, should be green). This causes the boiler to periodically switch the heating off for no reason, also doesn't switch off after reaching set temperature and needs commands sending several times before it does as its told! If the boiler was set to come on at 8.00am it would sometimes take till 9.00am before it starts! There is a clear path between the thermostat and the boiler with a distance of about 7 meters. This problem is intermittent. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Common fault.replace stat and receiver.

Unlike the boiler at least the stat us still available.

Oh and turn off your dhw preheat,that'll save your boiler flooding and a hefty repair bill when you need the bloc replacing.

Common fault.replace stat and receiver.

Unlike the boiler at least the stat us still available.

Oh and turn off your dhw preheat,that'll save your boiler flooding and a hefty repair bill when you need the bloc replacing.

Thanks for that. I guessed it might need replacing. Looks like £100 for the stat and receiver. Also I use the dhw preheat to save water, is this a common problem with the boiler?

yep all to common unfortunately on 500's. Hydrobloc is plastic and the preheat causes it to split over a period.
Not had one yet that hasnt had this happen :evil:

your boiler ends up looking like this when trying to fix it.
View media item 10418

Sponsored Links
Have you put new Duracell batts in the sender unit?

Tony

Have you put new Duracell batts in the sender unit?

Tony
Hi Tony, yep tried new batteries thanks. If you try connecting to the receiver it finds it straight away. Its so annoying, the problem is intermittent so its 50/50 whether or not the boiler does as its told! I believe the stat sends a message out every half our or so, that means if the boiler doesn't start at a preset time then chances are it will start half an hour later.

But were they duracell?

Someone recently phoned me for similar advice ( I dont encourage this but I was driving so had time to help ).

He first told me had had put new batteries but it turned out they were not Duracell.

He texted later to say that had solved the problem.

They take a bit of currrent on transmit and cheap batts are inadequate.

Tony

But were they duracell?

Someone recently phoned me for similar advice ( I dont encourage this but I was driving so had time to help ).

He first told me had had put new batteries but it turned out they were not Duracell.

Tony
I'll buy some top end Duracells and give it a go.
Thanks Tony

Don't bother with the batteries it's certainly the unit.

It may well be the unit, but for the sake of £2 of batteries which can be used on a replacment unit later, I would always try that first.

What would my customers say if I just replaced a part without properly testing it first!

But were they duracell?

Tony
Hi Tony, just thought i'd let you know since putting the duracells in the stat a couple of days ago i've not seen the red light on the receiver. Boiler seems to be behaving properly. Massive thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back