budget quality printer to go with laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anybody help me please, my daughter has a laptop only, ie no big PC, and wants a fairly cheap printer for Christmas, one that is not huge so that it is quite portable. She has looked at a few cheap ones that she fancies.

We dont really want to go over £40 and have seen a few in the shops that would be this cheap, so can ayone give us any guidance what one to go for please, cos we are struggling. Obviously best quality for the best price is what we are after. I know you normally would pay a lot more for a printer but she only wants one of these cheapies, that she can cart around as necessary.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, not the sort of printer I know about. But will it just be black and white for text? Or colour for photos (which will soon cost more in ink than the printer)?

I doubt that Quality+Cheap+Portable will go together.

Do you mean lug about in a bag round her neck to classrooms? Or move from room to room within the house?

She will have it mainly in her flat but wants to be able to take it with her on the odd occasion to friends or the odd course she does. She needs it mainly for printing but would like it to do some colour work. As for photos, at that price I dont think she will bother to use it for photos, probably get them done some other way.

She mainly uses Word and sometimes Excel and rarely some other programs too.

Remember, HH, before you actually purchase your printer to make sure that you have worked out the costs of the replacement cartidges - they can vary considerably. If you are going for an inkjet the price of a new cartridge may be around £15 each and you will usually need one for b + w and one for colour. Ascertain whether the printer will accept non-proprietary cartridge replacements. If, like me, you possess that chromosone that renders you a tight b*st*rd then you will purchase a refill kit which should give you about half a dozen fillings. ;)

In addition have a look at this link.

Sponsored Links
dont go for a cheap printer unless you can get cheap generic cartriges

you may get a printer with 20% ink in the cartriges for £30 and then replacement ink comes in twin packs costing £60 a set
so a false economy in the long run :rolleyes:

Back