budget tyres

Sponsored Links
just dont get remoulds

though they have improved a lot , still dodgy though

there are few tyre manufactors anyway and as said before usually in same factory

forget all about tyre ratings for speed as you never go over 100 mph and they are all rated for that !!

£60 for my 16 inch A 6 audis do me fine

Sponsored Links
Would say if you had tyres not rated speed wise to manufacturers spec and you had an accident your insurers might not be to happy.

You can find reviews of tyres on the internet by searching for the name/model.

I think it's worth doing....I read in a Which magazine an article about tyres and thet slated some of the budget tyres (handling, fuel economy, wear)....so it may be a false economy.
There is more to tyre construction than you may think....one of my cars has Bridgestone Potenza RE040s with 19k miles on them....the car is a RWD mid engine sports car....so it has not always been driven in a Sunday driver style (not to say I drive like a nutter...because I honestly do not....90% of the time....but it is nice on quiet open roads etc to have the odd blat).
Cheaper tyres would have been replaced a long time ago.

Would say if you had tyres not rated speed wise to manufacturers spec and you had an accident your insurers might not be to happy.

what are you talking about ?

all tyres are rated over 100 MPH

how are insurance companies going to refuse a payout on that ? when the national speed limit is 70 MPH

TYRE SPEED SYMBOLS
For MOT requirements in this country, it is not necessary to fit a tyre with a speed rating to match the original vehicle fitment or the maximum speed of the vehicle. Tyres must be suitable for the purpose for which the vehicle will be used.

Insurance companies might say that a vehicle should be fitted with the tyres having the speed rating recommended by the car manufacturer: but even if you fit Z-rated tyres for speeds over 150 mph they will not insure you if you drive in excess of 70 mph in this country!

The vehicle manufacturer has to recommend a tyre with a rating to match the maximum speed of the car because when it leaves the factory he does not know exactly where the car is going or for what purpose it might be used. You might want to use the car in a country where higher speed limits apply than the UK or take it to a race track at the weekend.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyreinfo.html

Sponsored Links
Back