Build over agreement help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help? (sorry this is a duplication thread with more information)

I have had a provisional build over agreement from water board and had my first cctv done and submitted to the water board.

Everything is now done and buildings certificate issued a few weeks ago.

Question - Did i need to submit a second cctv drainage report before the buildings certificate was issued or can i do this after?

I have done the 2nd drainage report and the drainage guy has said there is a 4inch pvc junction installed between the main 6 inch sewer pipes and this would require remedial effects and that the water board will not approve this once the report is sent to them. The conditions on the report doesnt say anything about pipe size changes (just says whole length of the public sewer in the proposed building must be replaced.) AND no new connections to be made to the sewer within the footprint of the proposed building (although the plans do have a connection so as this was submitted to them at the same time as approval i guess they mean any new connections not on the plan)

Question - do you think i will have to dig up my kitchen inside to get this sorted as a remedial effect? are there any other ways to sort this?

Question - how likely is it that they will chase the second cctv survey for post approval - has anyone had the WA chase you for it

this is really stressing me out so any helpful information i would sincerely appreciate

Sponsored Links
The typical procedure is to have a pre-construction CCTV survey, and then a post-construction CCTV survey to ensure that the public sewer hasn't been damaged during the construction process.

The timing of this second survey will be determined by the terms of your build over agreement and the specific requirements of your water board. Some may want it done before the buildings certificate is issued, while others might allow it afterwards. If you're unsure, it's always best to clarify with the water board directly.

Generally, you need to maintain the integrity and capacity of the original sewer system. If you've installed a junction that wasn't part of the original plan submitted to and approved by the water board, you might indeed be required to correct that. The remediation would depend on the specific conditions on-site, and could potentially involve excavation.

However, there might be other solutions such as pipe relining or pipe bursting depending on the specific issue. This is a matter for a qualified drainage professional to advise you on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back