builder's quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

We've just had a quote from a builder who was recommended by our friend and would like to know how reasonable/unreasonable his quote is.
the work includes:
Supply scaffold
Hack off old render on back of house
Apply scratch coat with waterproofer
Apply second coat of render (finishing coat)
Supply and fit corner beads and drip beads.
Cap off chimney and make watertight
Render side fire wall
Fit lintels for French doors
Fit french doors
Supply and fit fascia and guttering/downpipes
Paint back of house - dulux trade.
Remove rubbish
Labour and materials included
for just under £3000, in Plymouth.

If anyone could give their opinion on this that would be great!
Many thanks :)
Jo

Sponsored Links
Who knows! Can't see it can't quote it! if you rang up a builder and asked him to quote do you think he would do it off your verbal chat or would he like to see the job for himself do you think?

Get two other quotes then you'll know.

Alright! :)

I know ideally I would get another quote, I would get more than 2 really! but of all the people I called they're either busy, don't answer, or 1 particular guy just didn't return with a quote..

thanks anyway!
jo

That is a cheap quote! i would be suspicious of the material and quality for that price.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Alistair!
It is just a 2-storey terraced house... 5.4m wide by about 8m high.

thanks again! :)

Are they supplying the french doors?

I know there are regional variations on the cost of labour but to this extent

:confused:

I'd agree - sounds cheap! I just had a chimney reharled with a few slates replaced and that was £1176 by itself. That was the cheapest quote for the work too.

No, that quote doesn't include the french doors.
Cheers

id say its not a bad price really but is your cal have you got 2 other quotes to compere

your looking at best part of £300 on scaffold 200/250 on render mats alone lintals up to 100 pad stones mats ect 50 doors could be 300 to 2k your choice then paint is say 50 then upvc soffits gutter an piping ect 200 =£1200 to £1500

your looking at 3/4 days render 1 day to set lintals day on the doors day painting then 1/2 on the soffits ect yer id be happy with that would your like a quote

id say its not a bad price really but is your cal have you got 2 other quotes to compere

your looking at best part of £300 on scaffold 200/250 on render mats alone lintals up to 100 pad stones mats ect 50 doors could be 300 to 2k your choice then paint is say 50 then upvc soffits gutter an piping ect 200 =£1200 to £1500

your looking at 3/4 days render 1 day to set lintals day on the doors day painting then 1/2 on the soffits ect yer id be happy with that would your like a quote
Is this written in English?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back