Building a dorma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a dorma upstairs but have a hole in my wall as the plastering is crumbling away and the wooden panels can be seen,
also the walls are festering with asbestos

what should I do should I go ahead and knock the wall as it is needed for the project and the plastering is crumbling away anyway or should i fill in the hole with new plaster or should I get rid of asbestos first

or should i pay someone to do the whole thing for me

Sponsored Links
What sort of asbestos is it? If you're not 100% sure I would advise getting it tested and then seek advice depending on the result. Otherwise my advice is do whatever you need to do to get the dormer built and then make good as necessary afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Nein - it`s a German one .....Dormabile . Und if you drive it with a broken exaughst - you vill sleep for a long time :eek: KDF.

Is it defo asbestos? If you suspect it is, get it tested and removed, get it out your way for your safety or anyone else that may be working in there. I see you are in Glasgow...I have a number of a guy that I used and he was pretty good and cheap to have asbestos sheets removed from my garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back