Building a Glass Blocks (190 x 190 x 80) wall in brick bond?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like this:

Glass%20Brick%20Glass%20Block%20Half%20Bond%20Toba%20with%20vent%20inside.jpg

Or does it have to always be like this:

glass%20block.jpg

It is for a partition wall in a loft conversion so it will be built abutting the internal skin of a brick external wall on one side and an internal stud wall on the other.

I would like to do it brick bond - and if it is ok to do so - it would obviate the need for reinforcement rod. I would just need to buy half glass blocks to stagger the joints.

There will be about approx. 128 blocks in the panel - not including about 8 or 10 half blocks depending on the height we take it to - probably around 8 or 9 high.

All advice appreciated.

PS: apologies admin if this should be in the tile forum feel free to move.

Sponsored Links
I will be using glass block mortar and also grouting with the proper grout. Using the spacers will be difficult with the brick bond and the split joints - I just think the first picture laying method is more attractive than the traditional straight lines and the requirement for reinforcing rods.

It's up to you; if you want them bonded just get some half blocks.
The length of the wall needs to be set out so it takes full blocks eg. a wall 2010mm long would take 10 blocks & 11mortar joints.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back