Building a Sauna (foam board/foil insulation)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, This is my first post so apologies in advance if I mess up. I'm in the process of building a sauna in half of our en-suit and, while I have 90% of it worked out I'm struggling with insulation.

I'm limited on space and would like to keep the sauna as large as possible, problem is that adding 100mm studs, foil vapour barrier, 20mm batten (for the air gap) and then the cladding is going to make the inside much smaller. I originally looked at foam board but since the temperature is going to go above 100oC they're not suitable due to the chance of off-gassing so I've started looking into using foil insulation.

I contacted Thinsulex but their range is only suitable up to 80oC and I'm in the process of talking to ACTIS to see if they can offer anything suitable.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back