Building Line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just found a lovely plot in a village near me. I went off to the local planning office for advice on wether the plot would be within the "building line" of the village. The duty planning officer pulled out a plan of the village which showed the road access to the plot within the "building line" but the rest of the plot on and stretching away from the building line. The planning officer seeing this said "anything beyond the line is an automatic NO for building permission".
Can anyone offer any advise?
I am a bit of a novice at this sort of thing.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
In layman's terms, it is usual for a local authority to have determind a boundary around a particular village where by building anything new beyond that boundary is not permitted.

The plan was dated 2008. How regularly are these plans reviewed.
Thanks

The planning officer seeing this said "anything beyond the line is an automatic NO for building permission".
Thanks

You mean planning permission :)

Anyway, I'm sure if enough money was thrown their way in terms of a Section 106 payment/contribution, they'd soon change their mind :)

Sponsored Links
I wasn't suggesting this was an option in this particular case. I was merely making reference to developments I have seen that would have never... or would have been "very" difficult to obtain planning permission unless the council and the developer reached an agreement in terms of a Section 106.

"Section 106 Agreements" and "Unilateral Undertakings" are types of Planning Obligation authorised by Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by Planning and Compensation Act 1991 Section 12.

Planning Obligations are used following the granting of planning permission (normally major developments) to secure community infrastructure to meet the needs of residents in new developments and/or to mitigate the impact of new developments upon existing community facilities. They can also be used to restrict the development or use of the land in a specified way or require specific operations or activities to be carried out on the land.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back