building new downsatirs toilet ....Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.
I am building a downstairs toilet at the back of my Garage which i plan to connect the waste pipe through the back of my garage, into the house under a stairwell and then cut the existing upstairs loo waste pipe where it comes down from upstairs just above downstairs floor level and connect in the new waste.....anyone got any tips (for example will the existing pipe disapear into the grond when i cut it to fit a brached connector).

thanks

Sponsored Links
The plumbers forum could be a good place to put this post.
Don't quite understand the last bit of your post, but the connection to the soil pipe must be made below the point of your garage toilets pan connection or could get a bit messy.

Check the floor levels now (Inside the house and then where your new WC will be). It is quite possible your proposed new WC will be too low to get a connection inside the house.

Soil pipe (The big waste pipe) should be fixed with brackets but even if not is unlikely to fall away. Remember that unless you can detach the Soil pipe at the higher level, you will need a slip coupling above your new branch to be able to fit it in!

The pipe spigot going into the ground may need to be pulled out so you can get you new branch in as low as possible (i.e. the spigot of the branch then goes into the ground connector instead of the bottom of your existing pipe)

Don't forget new drainage and WC will require building control approval.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back