Building on the site of an old property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my garden a short distance from my present property, was another property.

There is a small section of the foundations remaining. It was demolished in 1908 but can be seen on OS maps of that era. I live in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Can I get planning permission to re-build it?

Sponsored Links
We’ve had others try before & it’s extremely unlikely in an A of ONB, especially as it was demolished so long ago; you almost have to have permission to walk in such places but no harm in you trying.

Sponsored Links
Why don’t you put on that nice furry glove of yours & go back to your darkened room & do what you do best. ;)

Why don’t you put on that nice furry glove of yours & go back to your darkened room & do what you do best. ;)

very conductive to the original post...

but hey... you are a self taught tiler and plasterer..... ;) ;) ;)

I live in an A of ONB and someone up the road has just got permission to build a house in their garden. Might be worth checking it out with the planners.

I live in an AONB and they won`t even let the House @ Pooh Corner be rebuilt :rolleyes:

but hey... you are a self taught tiler and plasterer..... ;) ;) ;)
You’ve been “boning” up on me haven’t you ;) but I hope not literally in your darkened room with that furry glove of yours :unsure: ; the last thing I want is to be the subject of your fantasies. :rolleyes:

Yes, I’m self taught in what you say & proud of it. I’ve never made it a secret over the last 6 years I’ve been posting & all the srious trade regulars know that. What are you proficient in then, self taught or otherwise :?: apart from trolling serious trade threads when GD is boring you that is :rolleyes: .

I could enlighten you with my previous life history which may surprise you but there would be no point at all, all you’d do is use it as a source of ridicule & further troll bait. Why don’t you try something meaningful or original for a change, even you’re troll posts are getting very predictable & boring.

asleep-045.gif

In my garden a short distance from my present property, was another property.

There is a small section of the foundations remaining. It was demolished in 1908 but can be seen on OS maps of that era. I live in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Can I get planning permission to re-build it?

As Richard says it's very unlikely. Your local plan will specify conditions for replacement buildings - look that up yourself. All the local plans I am familiar with say that the building must be in fairly sound structural condition and capable of conversion/re-use without significant rebuilding. There is no published figure but about 30% repair or rebuilding is usually regarded as the limit. So rebuilding from the ground would not be a convesrion or re-use it would be a new building - which is difinitely not allowed outside the settlement boundary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back