Building regs (open plan space) in an "upside down" flat

Oh, it probably doesn't make much difference in this instance. If you feel more comfortable talking to an AI, that's fine. I just think that there's a chance that at BCO might be fairly pragmatic about the proposed alterations, if you could sound them out first, informally. If they weren't, then I'd change tack and go via an AI.

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to come back and update this in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation.

We are just in the process of appointing an AI as works are due to start in a week. We are going down the building notice route rather than full plans.

Having discussed the changes with him verbally, he doesn’t think there will be an issue. Removing the internal wall will not make the means of escape from bedrooms “any worse off” than they are now given the bedrooms, and front door are both on the ground floor.

Obviously things may change when he actually carries out his inspection, so I will make sure I come back and post outcome.

Update:

Checked the council website last week and our notice had been duly posted by our AI back in April. He came round last week, spoke to our contractors and inspected the works which were well underway.

Heard from him overnight and everything appears to be ok and works will be signed off.

Phew.

Sponsored Links
Update 2:

Just wanted to let say that we received our completion certificate from the AI a couple of weeks ago. I had to chase them for it as it seems the office forgot about us, but it's all finally signed off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back