Building Regs - Where do I stand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help - I have recently bought a property and have been experiencing some issues with the waste from ensuite bathrooms fitted as part of a loft conversion. I have the plans and regs that state the drainage requires all plumbing to discharge to a Saniflo plus macerator. I have discovered this has not been implemented. The conversion was completed in 2003 and I want to know where I stand? Thanks a concerned home owner

Sponsored Links
After that length of time you have zero comeback. Might be an outside chance you could sue your surveyor but they've almost certainly put some suitably vague clause that covers them. If you want it fixed then fix it although I would try to find a solution that doesn't require a saniflo

I want to know where I stand

Stand anywhere you like, but wear wellies after all this time.

What is the actual problem? All the crap must be going somewhere.

Building plans can change and what is built can be different to what was on the plans, but that does not make the work non-compliant. The onus would be on the buyer to get the place surveyed before purchase.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back