Building timber frame over existing conservatory? Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a house in Cardiff, South Wales a couple of years ago and am wanting to convert the conservatory into a proper extension.

My main question is:
Can I remove the windows and roof, and build a timber frame on top of the existing brick work? I would then batten, attach render boards and get rendered.
Are building control typically okay with this, or would they require me to tear the conservatory down and build from scratch?
I have asked building control, but they would not give any information and just said to submit a building control application.

I have attached a photo of the conservatory.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_8524.jpeg
    IMG_8524.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I bought a house in Cardiff, South Wales a couple of years ago and am wanting to convert the conservatory into a proper extension.

My main question is:
Can I remove the windows and roof, and build a timber frame on top of the existing brick work? I would then batten, attach render boards and get rendered.
Are building control typically okay with this, or would they require me to tear the conservatory down and build from scratch?
I have asked building control, but they would not give any information and just said to submit a building control application.

I have attached a photo of the conservatory.

Thanks,
If the foundations are good to go on that connie, I'll eat my Stetson.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back