Built under electric double oven - carcass size issues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

As we are having about a million people to Chrsitams dinner this year, I though it was the right time to upgrade to an electric double oven.

I've had a look at a few, but all seem to be a little too large and I wondered if anyone knew which manufacturer might fit.

The internal carcass cavity size is

Width 570mm (this seems OK)
Depth - absolute max 535mm
Height - 705mm (without destroying the base of the carcass)

Thanks in advance

SB

Am also posting in the electrics forum

Sponsored Links
Built-under double ovens don't fit into a carcass, which is why you're finding they're too big to fit! :D

What you need to do is remove your carcass completely and simply leave a 600mm wide gap between the cupboards either side. There are then mounting brackets which you fasten to the two remaining cupboards in order to mount the oven.

Also, if you have a gas hob above your oven, you may struggle with the depth sometimes. I have a Bosch built-under double oven fitted underneath a gas hob and there wasn't room to run the gas pipe down behind the oven (there's about 5mm between the back of it and the wall) and instead it has to run sideways into the next cupboard. This didn't pose a problem for me as I was fitting everything from new but if you're working around an existing kitchen it's something to bear in mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back