Buying a rechargeable camera in USA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I hope someone can give me some advice please.

My daughter is in the US at the moment and has been comparing the prices of digital cameras there compared with the UK. Unsurprisingly (does everything cost more here?) they are significantly cheaper.

If she buys one over there is there going to be any problems with the battery charger when she comes home?

Are they 110v in US? Will the charger work or will I need to buy one here therefore wiping out the saving?

Any help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
yes, yes, no, yes, but it shouldn't be very expensive.

youll also need to find out if the gaurentee is valid or wether spares are avalable also if it compatable with systems on this side off the pond

why does you camera need a charger, get one that takes ordainairy cells then buy rechargable batteries.

also are you aware your daughter will be importing it, and as such liable to tax etc
you may want to read this

Sponsored Links
A lot of electronic goods now come with a switch mode transformer which work across the board, my fuji charger says on the box it will work from 100-240v~ 50/60Hz. There is however no guarentee that all cameras will come with these, you'll need to check with the specific camera manufacturer.

I second spark123...

virtually all consumer electronics now come with a transformer that accepts all mains voltages. To be sure, look on the adaptor or charger and check it says "100-240V, 50-60Hz" somewhere.

If it does you're fine, just chop off the plug and wire a UK one on. US plugs aren't fused, so the only way to tell the live wire is to see if one has a stripe printed along it. It will almost certainly work either way round though.

would not surprise me if he has got and worn out the camera, since it was posted 5 months ago

Back