Buying an electric shower - basic advice needed please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric shower in a loft conversion that looks like it belongs in a museum.

I am replacing it as part of refurb.

1) Do I need a pumped system?
It has one cold feed (15mm) which I assume is mains pressure. The pressure from the sink cold tap next to the shower it is not particulary good when on full bore. I have shower unit removed so I can give you litres/min if that helps.
Pressure in my ground floor taps is fine and I am surprised it drops so much with only a 7m difference....

2) If I need a pump do I buy a seprate pump or an integrated one? Your opinion please.

3) What pressure pump please? Any good sites to get one from?

4) What kW do you recommend? I assume the higher the faster the flow when the temp is up high?

Any help welcome.

Rgds, Scott.

Sponsored Links
I should mention that the flow from the shower before I took it off the wall could best be described as 'just adaquate'

Ta.

What you need, depends on you!
You can't pump the mains, and you rarely would have any difficulty running an electric shower at ground level from the mains as the flow required is low.
I suggest you google for descriptions of shower types, it's out there...

Cheers.

So I cant pump a mains feed? OK. Kind of makes sense :)

So I just need a decent kW rating?

This is the shower in the loft - just to be clear.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
right. have u got a combi boiler that produces instant hot water or do u have a hot water copper cylinder in a hotpress. i take it if u have done a upstairs loft conversion then u have no cold water storage tanks and may have an unvented mains pressure cylinder :?: let us know this b4 we continue to advise the best way around ur problem chap. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back