buying your first house - impossible!

Confiscation is not the same as selling at a fair market price.

You know that.

So don't try to pretend that it is.

Sponsored Links
If done under (3), how does being compelled against one's will to sell, realistically differ from confiscation?

Because you have the option to sell it on the open market at a fair market price. So you are not obliged to have it confiscated. Selling at a fair market price is not confiscation, and you know it.

You also have the option to live in it, or to let someone else live in it, in which case neither sale nor confiscation need apply.

You might, however, lose the right to keep a home deliberately empty for ten or fifteen years. In a borough where there is a housing shortage and over a thousand empty homes.

Hoarding housing is akin to hoarding water or food to those who have none. Criminal in my opinion.
Shame it's not criminal by law.

Sponsored Links
It's hardly suprising given that estimates are around 3.7 million EU nationals live here and approx 1.2 million brits live abroad, so we need houses for 2.5 million.

It's simply supply and demand, thank you Blair you idiot.

"As the Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford points out, when the EU expanded in 2004, the UK was one of three countries which opened its borders straight away to workers from the new member states."

https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/
They might want to revise that ‘estimate'. They’re coming out of the woodwork!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56846637

They might want to revise that ‘estimate'. They’re coming out of the woodwork!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56846637
It's not that they are coming out of the woodwork. It's more a case of how the government were poorly informed and ill-advised.

What does that tell us?
That the government has no idea how many indigenous and how many migrants there are?
How the labour market is more reliant on migrant labour than first thought?
How government planning is ineffective?
How border control is ineffective?

Please feel to add to the list.

What does that tell us?
It also tells us that some people want rid of any foreigners even though they happen to do the jobs that the same people wouldn't do...

Funnily enough there will now be a lot more people of a different skin colour coming in to replace the EU citizens who have left, so those same people will probably be spitting out their morning coffee/alcoholic beverage even more at the unfolding news!

Funnily enough there will now be a lot more people of a different skin colour coming in to replace the EU citizens who have left, so those same people will probably be spitting out their morning coffee/alcoholic beverage even more at the unfolding news!
Skin colour doesn’t bother me at all - I just want a level playing field. Whether they come from Europe or the rest of the world, the U.K. decides whether they can stay or not and you know what? We've got that. :)

So did the EU.

Boris said no.
The level playing field I referred to was entry rights for EU citizens to be the same requirements as others coming from the rest of the world and not an automatic right for any European citizen to come here because we buy a few olives from Greece or some oranges from Spain. In other words, they get entry depending on our needs and their skills.

Trade agreements with other nations will likely come with quotas for migrants, just like we had with the EU.
Indeed...

Something brexiteers just didn't understand...

I'm looking forward to when they ( often lazy) brexiteers volunteer to pick the crops and do all the crap jobs (crap according to them) that they have previously refused to do...

Fat chance of that!

an automatic right for any European citizen to come here because we buy a few olives from Greece or some oranges from Spain.

I see you are maliciously misrepresenting the EU terms for Freedom of Movement.

I say "maliciously" because you have been shown the real terms numerous times.

So I suppose it is your intention to deliberately spread a Brexer lie.

Shame on you.

Skin colour doesn’t bother me at all - I just want a level playing field. Whether they come from Europe or the rest of the world, the U.K. decides whether they can stay or not and you know what? We've got that. :)

We allowed the Indian variant in and its upgraded model Indian plus. o_O

Sponsored Links
Back