c/h boilers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old vented boiler sited in the loft ,been running for 28 years now, and I want to change it. because it's in the loft there is not much height for the expansion tank and sometimes it gets a bit hot and tends to blow steam for a while.
so my question is, can I use a combi boiler ,which I believe is fed from mains under pressure and will not require a header tank so I could still locate it in the loft and as I have just fitted a new hot water tank in the airing cupboard i would not want to use the hot domestic water supply from the combi.
would it be OK to just use the combi boiler for hot radiator water and leave the other section un -connected or would it cause the heater coils inside to overheat ??

Sponsored Links
You need a system boiler. These are fitted to a sealed system same as a combi, but will heat your cylinder and rads as now. They dont require a feed and expansion tank, your installer will advise you more.

Your loft will have to be brought up to current standard, with boarding, a hand rail to prevent druken engineers falling out of the loft, Electric lighting and a power point oh yes and frost protection ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back