c/h wont come on after power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we had a power cut last night and when the power came back on my wife pressed the reset button on the heating timer! [siemens rwb9] i have set all the timer programme and everything on the timer seems okay but the c/h or h/w will not fire up even when i select both to on with the timer. the pilot on my backboiler is lit and i have checked fuses. is it something simple i have missed, or do i ring a plumber? everything was working fine before power cut and full c/h system and boiler serviced 3 months ago. would appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Could be a blown fuse.

A lot of the time when power cuts happen there is a bit of a surge when the power comes back on which can kill a couple of appliances in your home.

When I was an IT manager we used to lose 2-3 machines each power cut with blown power supplies when it all came back on.

Are you sure you haven't any 'hidden' fused outlets for the heating system somewhere, how about beside the BBU?

If not you need to use a multi meter to trace how far the power is getting, if you are confident working with live electrics.

Is there any sort of over heat reset button / stat on the boiler?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice. found another switch in the tank cupboard and the fuse had blown. all up and running again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back