C&k Securitech tamper problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please Can Anyone Help My Alarm is a C&k Securitech For Some reason Every now & then tamper light is on & alarm is going off yet no pir has triggered can you help

please see 20

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid that intermittent faults like this are an absolute pig to track down. Still, you've got to start somewhere.

The tamper loop in a typical alarm system is very long since it can go to the end of every cable and back again. I can only suggest that you start by isolating sections of it. Somewhere inside your alarm box you should find terminals where the tamper loop, or loops, are connected. A circuit diagram will be really useful here but if you don't have one you can try intelligent guesswork.

Try bypassing the entire tamper loop on the circuit board. If this clears the fault you'll know it's not on the board. If each sensor cable comes into the box try to identify the pair of wires that form the tamper loop and bypass half of them. Repeat this until you narrow it down to a single cable or sensor. Don't forget the bell cable which will most likely have its own tamper loop.

All in all, you're in for a long tedious job. Good luck. You'll need it!

An afterthought. I once had to sort out a very strange alarm problem. The thing would work for a while but then sound off for a few seconds before falling silent again. After watching it for a while I realized that it was losing power then resetting itself but why?

Answer; the battery had a shorted cell and was taking far too much charging current. Result; the voltage regulator chip would get too hot then go into thermal shutdown mode until it cooled off a bit.

I don't suppose this is what's wrong with yours but it's a simple thing to check if you know about it - and it can drive you round the twist if you don't!

I'm not an expert, but the tamper light would come on if the tamper loop is broken >> shouldnt he start by trying to find a loose connection in the sensors? Maybe the wire is just making contact in one of the sensors?

Set an ADT alarm off once by closing metal warehouse doors (didnt even slam them) and breaking the tamper loop in the door sensor. Had to call engineers out. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back