C&K Securitech Alarm question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a C&K securitech alarm (the only think that looks like a model ref is C023-203 Iss. 1 which is on the numerical keypad). The alarm has 8 zones.

Is there anyway of finding out the engineer code for the alarm? I have replaced my patio door with French doors, so I need to move the sensor covering the doors but, because I need to extend the length of cable to the sensor, I need to open the tamper proof box by the patio doors.

According to a mate, if I open this, the alarm activates and I would not be able to stop it using the 'normal' activate and deactivate code (is this correct?).

Please could you advise how I might be able to overcome this? I am trying to avoid having to call an alarm engineer out which would cost a few quid!

I did have the manual but somehow have lost it (I was actually reading it only a few weeks ago as well in preparation for the patio doors being replaced!!!). Would anyone know where I can get a replacement manual for the alarm?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Sponsored Links
you should be able to silence the alarm with the normal code. engineer code is used more for changin settings. the engineer code could be the default (0000,1234,4321 etc) or it could have been changed. at worst, youll have to factory reset the panel to change to get the code back to default, however there is a chance that its been set to stay at other code even if reset

Andy's quite right. As long as the alarm is in day mode (ie not set) when you open the tamper contact the sounder at the keypad will go off, but no the bell outside. Just silence this with your normal code, then do the work, (the tamper LED will stay lit on the RKP). Once you've finished and put everything back together just type your code in again, followed by * to reset. All should be fine, and your neigbours won't have a headache!

1974stephen said:
when you open the tamper contact the sounder at the keypad will go off, but no the bell outside.

no. the outside will sound. unless you silence it once its gone off

Sponsored Links
andy said:
1974stephen said:
when you open the tamper contact the sounder at the keypad will go off, but no the bell outside.

no. the outside will sound. unless you silence it once its gone off

If unset, causing a tamper fault should only operate the internal sounder

has the bell box or panel got the installers details as they probably use the same codes for each install, worth a call. he panel may also have an NVM at the rear for returning to factory setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back