Cable behind oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a kitchen which has a microwave and an oven(with a 13a plug) in a tall cabinet. There's a double socket in the very top part of the tall cabinet.

However, the cooker flex is too short to reach. If I am to extend the flex, I'm not entirely clear what kind of cable to use, does it need to be heat resistant? There's no indication whether the current flex is, it's a thick 3 core flex, shiny black with no text on it and no mention in the instructions.

Another option would be to spur off the socket in the top of the cupboard and run a T&E into the bottom cupboard to put a socket there for the oven, question again is, does this cable need to be heat resistant, put in conduit or can it just be clipped to the wall behind the oven?

Sponsored Links
If the flex will be away from the oven it does not need to be heat resistant although it needs to be suitably sized and terminated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back