Cable in steel conduit

Just catching up on this post which has now slightly worried me :eek:
I recently re-wired my house, following all relevent guidance I could lay my hands on, I thought was acting correctly by running 1.5T&E through plastic conduit to wire the power and 1.0T&E for lighting circuits of my house. Though possible to pull the cables through, there is certainly more than 45% of the conduit volume filled with cable! Should I have cause to worry? Nothing unusually large being run off the circuits but I wouldn't to have a potential fire risk! :cry:

Sponsored Links
If that's not a misprint, and you really did use 1.5mm² cable for the power circuits then you've got bigger problems than how full the conduit is....

Sorry it was a misprint, meant to say 2.5mmT&E for the power circuits - up all night trying to console a colicky baby :confused:
Is there an issue with the spacing within the conduit? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Presumably the conduit material is an issue here also, I mean plastic conduit/capping not conducting and radiating heat like steel. Would the 45% rule still apply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back