Cable routing

I agree. But I'm here to tell you that doesn't seem to be happening in real life. :cry:
I've got 3 to put up on my house - for two of them the cables will be in the floor void. One will require steel conduit in the wall - I'll post a photo if it will cheer you up.

That's awfully decent of you. It may even cheer up Vetteran.

Sponsored Links
Actually had gone to bed.

Wall is breeze block, 125mm.

Is that the answer? Place the fan isolator vertically above on the other side of the wall and connect the shaver point to it

Vertically above what?

The bathroom is sandwiched between two bedrooms so I don't really want switches/isolators associated with something in the bathroom on their walls.

By the way, all this help is much appreciated.

Wall is breeze block, 125mm.
That somewhat reduces your options (i.e.you can't take advantage of the relaxations in regs for thin walls).
Is that the answer? Place the fan isolator vertically above on the other side of the wall and connect the shaver point to it
Vertically above what?
Vertically above the position in the bathroom where you want the shaver socket. The cable would then be allowed to travel vertically down the bedroom wall in the 'safe zone' created by the fan isolator, thence straight through the wall into the shaver socket.
The bathroom is sandwiched between two bedrooms so I don't really want switches/isolators associated with something in the bathroom on their walls.
Well, that is what is being suggested. If it's not acceptable to you, then (per the various other discussions), it might be imposible for you to do what you want, if you wish to fully comply with the word (no matter how silly) of the regs, without putting the cables in buried metal conduit in the bedroom wall - as far as I can see, any other 'fully compliant' approach would require accessories of one sort or another on the bedroom wall to create 'safe zones' for the cables'. It's obviously for you to decide but, if it were me, I would probably decide that having a bathroom fan isolator high on the wall of a bedroom would not be too much of an issue, and probably the lesser of the evils as compared with the hassle of having to use metal conduit.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Well, if you want the cables associated with something in the bathroom to run in the bedroom wall then you are going to have to have something on that wall to create a zone for the cable, or start getting involved with conduit, or BS 8436 cable which AFAIK you can only buy in full rolls, i.e. not by the m.

Well, if you want the cables associated with something in the bathroom to run in the bedroom wall then you are going to have to have something on that wall to create a zone for the cable, or start getting involved with conduit, or BS 8436 cable which AFAIK you can only buy in full rolls, i.e. not by the m.
Quite. I sense an echo ...
...it might be imposible for you to do what you want, if you wish to fully comply with the word (no matter how silly) of the regs, without putting the cables in buried metal conduit in the bedroom wall - as far as I can see, any other 'fully compliant' approach would require accessories of one sort or another on the bedroom wall to create 'safe zones' for the cables'.

Kind Regards,John

As ban says, fit something in the bedroom that will be useful and run the shaver cable through it. Perhaps a shaver socket in the bedroom as well could be useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back