Cable running

spx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know how close you can run 2.5mm power cable next to satalight coax?

I'm burying 2.5mm cable in conducit in a concrete floor and was going to run coax in a seperate conduit next to it. Will there be any interference? It's sky plus cable if that makes any difference?

Sponsored Links
Might get some interferance. Best to use double shielded Coax and if possible run in metal conduit eart at one end (mate is sky installer and thats what i was told when i asked him for advice).

Regards
Jamie

Sky is digital anyway, I wouldnt expect much interference. But I'm no expert.

50mm apart should do the trick.
Short parallel runs not a problem, long parallel runs should be avoided.

Sponsored Links
No problem as long cable carrying 230V is suitably protected with earthed conduit or SWA as it will need to be to afford mechanical protection.

The earthed conduit will give sufficient EM screening to prevent interference in coax.

Thank you for the responces.

I assume plastic conduit wouldn't help at all then? Just my luck I bought loads of the stuff.

Silly question I know, but it the anything i could wrap around the plastic?

With regars to cable run lengths it's about 6m but doesn't crossvoer at any point just runs side by side.

Is it possible to conect the cable to any device such as a screener? I don't know if there is such a thing, if there is interference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back