Cable size

Could the double socket supplying the 1.0mm2 be converted to a module system comprising of a 13 amp fuse and single socket module?
This is why I specifically asked. People seem to be forgetting.

It is now protected by a 13A fuse and will be when the electric fire is fitted.

Sponsored Links
I have a redundant shower circuit, 10mm² 50A MCB, do I understand correctly that I may not fit a light to this circuit?
Who knows?!

As I've asked/observed before - are the floodlights at Wembley Stadium supplied by 'lighting circuit(s)'? If they are, I would seriously doubt that they would comply with the limit of 16A for the OPD of such a circuit!

Kind Regards, John

I have a redundant shower circuit, 10mm² 50A MCB, do I understand correctly that I may not fit a light to this circuit?
No, you may not! How dare you even think of asking such a question?
The regulations don't want proper, macho power cables sullied by having to carry electricity for mere lighting.

Sponsored Links
Not even one of these?
I'm still only seeing placeholders for your images, although I see most images that other people post.

Do you know if anyone is addressing this problem? In the meantime, would it not be possible for you to post them in some different way, so that we can all see them?

Kind Regards, John

It's difficult to know what else I can do when, for example, [ƖMG]http://www.keylight.tv/images/lights/AA16.jpg[/ƖMG] doesn't work....
When I try that, I get the same as you do:
AA16.jpg

Even if I copy and paste the image from that site, I only seem to get a placeholder in what I post, even though I can see the image in the window in which I am creating this post .....
AA16.jpg

Kind Regards, John

... but if I copy/paste the image into an image editor, save it, close it and then re-open it in the editor, then I get this if I copy/paste from there into my post (apologies for forgetting to 'crop' it!) ...
upload_2017-9-21_12-37-25.png

Kind Regards, John

What is "this"? I can see all three the same.
That's the problem - I am seeing the first two just as placeholders, but the third is actually an image.

Are you still using Chrome, as you were when we last discussed this?

The comparison between the second (placeholder) and third (actual image) things I have posted seems very odd. I really cannot see why "copy/paste" (from source website to my post) doesn't work, but "copy/paste/save/close/open/copy/paste" (via an image editor) does work. I would have thought that exactly the same thing should be in my clipboard in the two cases.

Kind Regards, John

Yes, still Chrome.
Very odd. Could it perhaps be due to our Chromes having different 'security' settings?

I haven't tried recently but, last time I did, the problem was still there with both IE and Firefox as well. I'll try again in a moment.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back